- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 05/13/2022
- Website: zapier.com
- Company Address: 548 Market St., #62411, San Francisco, CA, 94104
About ZapierZapier is on a mission to make automation incredibly easy and accessible to everyone at work. With Zapier, you can integrate apps like Salesforce, Intuit, Google, and Dropbox, to move data between them automatically, so you can focus on your most important work.
We're looking for a Sr. Technical Operations Manager to lead a team of full-stack engineers, business system analysts and technical product managers through architecting, building, and maintaining the innovative tools and systems that empower our Support team to provide a top-tier customer experience.
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable company, then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in a Technical Leadership role within Support Operations. You have experience leading and developing a technical support team within a dynamic, technology-led business. You’ve spent time guiding newer engineers in their growth, providing feedback and coaching as well as keeping your team accountable for their work.
- You know the tools of the trade. You have a deep understanding of CRM tools like Zendesk, Hubspot, JIRA and reporting databases.
- You’re an excellent written and verbal communicator. We’re also a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier.
- You believe relationships are critical to success. You have excellent collaboration and stakeholder management skills, consistently seeking out cross-team and cross-departmental partnerships and maintaining a great working relationship with our Support Team and Build Org. You thrive on feedback, receive it graciously, and provide it often.
- You’re a strategic leader who expertly delegates. You’ll be instrumental in planning roadmaps and sprints alongside our senior leadership team and technical product manager, requiring significant high-level focus while helping empower and coach your team to manage and iterate on our internal tools and processes.
- You’re an innovator and an early adopter. You embrace opportunities to experiment with new methods or try out emerging technologies.
- You’re empathetic and customer focused. Our team-managed tools support both Zapier’s customers and our Support team’s ability to help them. You spend time learning about our team and customers and through that learning, you implement ideas and solutions to improve the lives and work of all of our customers - internal and external.
Things You’ll Do
- Ship bug fixes, improvements, and ideate for our Support team’s tools. Deep understanding of Support Systems Engineering with the ability to ship bug fixes, ideate and build tools to improve the efficiency and quality of support.
- Lead a team of Project Managers, System Administrators and Engineers who work towards building, customizing and innovating solutions to enable customer-facing teams to provide best in class service.
- Establish a Support technology roadmap and architecture based on innovating and evolving our business and meeting our customer's needs.
- Assist with and advocate for the design and rollout of new support channels and service offerings.
- Analyze support workflows and make suggestions to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide technical consulting and business strategy services to cross-functional teams as it pertains to the use of Zapier’s internal and customer-facing tools.
- Lead and support customer service teams through required changes.
- Work closely with senior management to help customer service deliver on their components of overall company goals and objectives.
- Manage and develop the team and individual performance, through coaching and mentoring.
- Develop the technical skills of Support Systems Engineers, including checking work for technical accuracy.
- Work closely with the Engineering team in developing cross-functional best practices
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America.
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote - North America and Europe
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.