- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 05/13/2022
- Website: zapier.com
- Company Address: 548 Market St., #62411, San Francisco, CA, 94104
About ZapierZapier is on a mission to make automation incredibly easy and accessible to everyone at work. With Zapier, you can integrate apps like Salesforce, Intuit, Google, and Dropbox, to move data between them automatically, so you can focus on your most important work.
We're looking for an Equity Manager (Administrator) to join the Total Rewards team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation. Our Total Rewards team is focused on designing and providing compensation and benefits programs that address the financial, mental, and physical well-being of Zapiens and their families. We’ve expanded our total rewards offerings and launched Zapier’s first-ever all-employee global equity (stock options) program. The Equity Manager (Administrator) will report to Jocelyne Wright-McLemore and manage the compliance and administrative aspects of the program.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- 8+ years of work experience in global equity/stock plan administration and systems (e.g. Etrade, Carta, Fidelity - Carta preferred)
- Detailed understanding of many different types of equity awards; Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation preferred
- Possess the ability to interpret and understand legal documents such as plan documents, grant agreements, exercise requirements, and security rules
- Have a solid track record with leading the analysis and management of the various country-specific requirements relating to stock option ownership in a private company
- Strong attention to detail; data-driven and analytical approach
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, global environment
- Be a clear and engaging communicator with others in a team-oriented manner
Things You’ll Do
- Perform day-to-day administration of our equity and cash bonus program including transaction processing in Carta and bonus calculations
- Be the primary point of contact for plan-related questions and issues from current and prior team members and Ops partners like Recruiting, Finance, Accounting, and Legal
- Create and maintain program documentation including ongoing employee equity education, recruiting documentation, and process documentation
- Partner with our Ops partners (People, Legal, Tax, Payroll, and Accounting) to anticipate, implement and address equity plan initiatives/matters
- Assist our Ops partners (Legal and Finance) with required filings and registrations related to the Zapier stock option plan
- Partner with Finance, Accounting, and Legal teams on audits or other ad-hoc reports
- Assist in stock plan reconciliation activities/support
- Assist with any equity plan management in connection with any secondary sales, tender offers, or similar special transactions, if any
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Travel of 5% - 10% for Zapier retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America.
The Whole Package
Location: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.