- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 05/13/2022
- Website: zapier.com
- Company Address: 548 Market St., #62411, San Francisco, CA, 94104
About ZapierZapier is on a mission to make automation incredibly easy and accessible to everyone at work. With Zapier, you can integrate apps like Salesforce, Intuit, Google, and Dropbox, to move data between them automatically, so you can focus on your most important work.
We're looking for Engineering Managers to join our Product Onboarding Experience and Partner Enablement teams at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
The Product Onboarding Experience team is driving guiding users to experience initial value with Zapier and helping them discover applications of Zapier for sustained usage and value. We serve new users who have just signed up for Zapier and are early in their journey of experiencing benefits from Zapier, intending to evolve them to steady-state users. Leveraging data, recommendations and contextually relevant onboarding guidance, we create a tailored and personalized experience to streamline and accelerate their path to value. As the engineering partner to a Product Manager and Product Designer, you will work cross-functionally with these peers and will be the people leader for the engineering team members.
The Partner Enablement team is all about enabling Zapier’s Partners to surface the power of their integrations in their own products. These embeds make it easier than ever for users to find the Zaps that fit their automation needs and activate them in a few clicks. We do this by providing a public API partners can use to surface zap template, app, and users’ Zap data right within their products. We also provide plug-and-play customizable embeddable Elements for partners who want to get started faster and not have to be concerned about maintenance or upgrades. We embed our products on thousands of apps and are a key contributor to Zapier’s strategic growth. Working with an on-team Product Manager and Designer, you will lead a diverse team of highly skilled and motivated engineers in greenfield projects that set the trend for partner relations.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- You are an effective team builder. This isn't your first rodeo. You have at least two years of experience managing teams of Full Stack and Frontend Engineers. You know how to hire, train, and develop engineers from all backgrounds. You understand the benefits of building a diverse and inclusive engineering team. You may not have hired or managed hundreds of people before, but you have hired, trained, and managed at least a few engineers before.
- You’re a product thinker. As an Engineering Manager, you’ve worked to set goals, metrics, and a strategy for a product-focused Engineering team. You push your team to prioritize impactful work to meet the company’s goals.
- You can keep track of, prioritize, and lead multiple projects. We're a small team, and there's no shortage of things you could be doing in a day. You'll carve out time for functional projects and make sure they solve real problems the team faces -- ideally making development even easier.
- You have excellent communication skills. You regularly work with engineers and other stakeholders from various disciplines, balancing engineering concerns, such as technical debt, with product concerns. Ideally, you find solutions that address both the team and user needs but if not, help build understanding around difficult decisions.
- You are a skilled engineering leader. You've got a strong background in leading a team of Engineers working in our stack (Python, Django or React, ES6 or Node.js, etc.). Even if you aren't a daily coder, you regularly exercise your coding muscles and try to be an asset on any technical context your team may need.
- You're adaptable. You've been in fast growing companies and know how to build, change, and adapt to the needs of a company as it grows.
Things You'll Do
- Work closely with your engineering function and peer design function and product function to create a trio that tackles user problems and solutions.
- Develop effective ways to communicate, monitor, and lead your team through weekly one-on-one’s and team meetings.
- Keep the leadership team informed on your team’s progress in ways that are easy and enjoyable to receive, like one-on-one's, update posts, and regular team hangouts.
- Build rapport with each member of the Engineering Team and support them through coaching and mentorship to help level up their skills.
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge throughout Zapier -- moving knowledge to documentation where appropriate.
- Help the team build tools for partners and developers that come to our platform to create Apps that live on Zapier. Imagine Postman meets OpenAPI on steroids.
- Occasionally dive into the code; fixing bugs, improving developer experience, smoothing edges -- sometimes even spiking out small proofs of concept.
- Collaborate across various disciplines (Product Managers, Designers, Researchers) to help set technical roadmaps that will achieve business goals through engineering best practices.
- Actively recruit, onboard, and train new engineers at Zapier. This might involve tweaking the skills portions of interviews, or writing better documentation.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
The Whole PackageLocation: Remote - North America (Central, East Coast or West Coast)
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.